Lawn care tips for a weed-free garden
As far as hobbies go, cultivating an edible or ornamental garden can be one of the most rewarding experiences. It is relaxing as well as satisfying. Watching your plants grow and thrive under your care can bring a lot of joy. This article is about weeds. They are a constant and persistent threat to any garden or lawn. That’s why we have compiled a list of tips to help you with the lawn care.
Here’s our advice for better lawn care and keeping the weeds at bay
- First and foremost – the moment you see a weed, remove it! It may seem like a dirty job and you may want to put it off for later. Don’t give in to that temptation! Some weeds can spread through your entire garden in a matter of days.
- Another preventative option is to wrap the bottom of your flower beds with a sheet of black plastic. It will stop weeds from infesting your flower beds. Just be sure you have enough soil to support the plants you are going to grow in the bed.
- Be sure to use mulch regularly. Mulch is great for lawn care. It helps keep the lawn moist, prevents soil erosion and protects from weeds at the same time.
- Weeds need moisture and sunlight like any other plants. They can’t grow in a garden where the competition is too big. That’s why you should plant lots of flowers that are tolerant to crowding. They will suppress any weeds and provide your yard with a natural lawn care.
- Our next tip is similar to the previous – make plants work for you. Any bald spots you have in your yard or garden can be planted with cover crops. They provide you with lawn care by acting as a natural barrier preventing weed growth altogether.
- Water distribution is essential for proper lawn care. You can’t let weeds get the perfect conditions to develop. You need a drip irrigation system, so that you can control the amount of water your lawn and garden get. It is very effective in warmer climates where the water is scarce.
- If you see a weed seeding in another part of your property, don’t ignore it just because it’s too far away! Remove it before the wind blows it’s seeds into your garden!
These are our top 7 tips for a better lawn care. We hope you find them useful and remember, if you are located in Fort Lauderdale, FL, you don’t have to do this on your own. Call Dwaine Landscaping & Tree Inc. and we will be more than happy to help you with the lawn care – (954) 792-4005.